STATE BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION HARYANA
The Technical Education Board for the state of Haryana came into existence in the year of 1966 consequent upon the bifurcation of the erstwhile state of Punjab. The board consists of 40 members with the Minister of Technical Education as Chairman and Director, Technical Education as Member-Secretary. The board is responsible for looking after the following academic aspects of Technical Education:
· Affiliation of the Institutions and courses
Some of the major functions which are required to be undertaken by the Board are:
1. Prescribe curricula
2. Prescribe Norms and standards
3. Prescribe Entry-level qualification for programmes
4. Liaise with other bodies and disseminate information
5. Organize workshops and seminars
6. Prepare Admission Brochure
Affiliation and Accreditation:
1. Prepare guidelines for affiliation and accreditation of Institutions and programmes
2. Inspect and accredit institutions
3. Disaffiliate institutions
4. Grant academic autonomy to institutions
5. Provide feedback to institutions
6. Prescribe fees
7. Prevent commercialization of Technical Education
8. Liaison with NBA (National Board of Accreditation)
Examination and Certification:
1. Prescribe rules and guidelines for examination.
2. Prescribe guidelines for the paper setters and examiners.
3. Prescribe guidelines for internal assessment of students.
4. Conduct Examinations.
5. Review and Declare results.
6. Decide cases of use of unfair means in the examinations.
7. Conduct Examination Committee meeting from time to time.
Conduct of Entrance Test:
Since 1995-96 session, the State Board of Technical Education Haryana has also been conducting Entrance Tests for making centralized admissions to various Diploma Courses in the State. Nearly 30,000 candidates appear in these tests every year.
The tenure of the present
Board is for two years w.e.f 11th November 2004 to 10th
November 2006. The 22nd meeting of SBTE was held on 7.2.2006 under
the Chairmanship of Hon’ble CM Sh. Bhupinder Singh Hooda.